What is the cost of using AIRLIGHT Building Panels VS stick built?
Initial costs are comparable, considering that a one-step installation replaces four separate operations that would need to be done by skilled professionals. Means: lower labor cost. With the panel system you get structural, insulation, no need for sheathing, has vapor and air barrier assembly all in each panel. More importantly, is the Life Cycle Energy savings as a result of a higher quality, longer lasting, resisting thermal envelope. Don’t forget to factor in the 28-35 % waste factor when trades people sort and cut lumber to size,and discard unused portions to landfills, adding transport and dump fees.
What are the advantages of using steel framed Expanded Polystyrene Panels?
Steel has come to the forefront as the most reliable building material for residential and commercial construction for many reasons:
- Steel has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any building material. (When combined the EPS
equally high strength to weight ratio), a powerful assembly is created, superior in structural
capacity, yet light, safe and easy to work with.
- 100 % recyclable.
- 68-80 % industry recycling rate.
- Non-combustible, does not burn,nor contribute fuel to spread of fire.
- Inorganic-It will not rot, warp, split or crack.
- More dimensionally stable than wood, does not expand or contract with moisture content.
- Consistent quality: Steel framing components are produced in strict accordance with the
National Standards of Construction. There are no regional variations.